- December 05, 2018
- 09:30 AM - 10:55 AM
- Tehran University of Medical Sciences
Symposium of Oral
Symposium of Oral SCC: a new perspective on the diagnosis
and treatment was held on December 5th 2018 in TUMS Dental School
Symposium of Oral SCC: a new perspective on the diagnosis and treatment was held on December 5th 2018 in TUMS Dental School. Prof. Dr. Saadi Khochbin, Head of signaling through chromatin department institute for advanced Biosciences, Grenoble, France attended as keynote speaker.
This one-day symposium was held with the presence of Prof. Dr. Rokn, Dean of the school, Prof. Dr. Yazdi, the founder of Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology in Iran and many Iranian surgeons and pathologists and scientists. Also live online video Conference was held with Dr. Sophie Rousseaux from iAB research center of Grenoble, France.
Prof. Dr. Baghaei, President of symposium, welcomed participants to this unparalleled symposium and said the purpose of this conference was to present the novel diagnostic and therapeutic methods for Oral and Maxillofacial cancers; Moreover, to discuss and share experiences and ideas.
Topics of lectures were divided into three panels as followings:
– Cell identity loss in cancer: a source of new biomarkers and therapeutic targets
– Systemic search for ectopically expressed genes in malignancies
– MicroRNAs: promising diagnostic/prognostic biomarkers in initiation and progression of Oral SCC
– Surgery: new techniques in maxillofacial reconstruction
– Chemotherapy: new aspects of systemic therapy of oral cavity SCC
– Pathology: ectopic expression of tissue restricted genes in Oral SCC
– Psychology: psychological considerations for cancer patients
Translated by: Dr. Niloofar Haghbin
photographer: Hamideh Izadi